5 Summer Keto Recipes that are SUPER EASY and Quick!
Here at Mauricettes, we are all about becoming the best versions of ourselves and we believe that starts inside out. Not only with vitamins and supplements but the food that you are putting into your body every day. We know in the hustle and bustle of everyday life, it can be difficult to find healthy dinner options that don't take HOURS to prep and cook. So we wanted to provide a few healthy recipes that will take 30 minutes or less to prepare for you and your family. All of the recipes below are keto friendly, low carb and super easy to prepare.
Keto Friendly Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 people
-1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
-4 medium zucchini
-1 tablespoons olive oil
-4 tablespoons softened butter- divided (or ghee)
-4 garlic cloves- finely chopped
-1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
-Pinch of red pepper flakes
-Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
-1/4 cup chicken or veggie stock (or white wine)
-Hot sauce of your choice- to taste (we used Sriracha)
-Salt and fresh cracked pepper- to taste
-1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley- for garnish
Notes: Zucchini tends to render some water while cooking, so you can sprinkle zucchini pasta with salt and let sit in a colander while you’re cooking shrimp. Press with your hands to remove excess water; then rinse and drain thoroughly before adding to the pan.
1. Wash and trim the ends of the zucchini. Make the zucchini pasta using a spiralizer then set aside.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil plus 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp in one layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for one minute without stirring, so the bottom of the shrimp gets slightly browned.
3. Add the chopped garlic, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes and then stir the shrimp for another minute or two to cook second side. Transfer the shrimp to a dish.
4. In the same pan, add remaining butter, lemon juice, chicken or vegetable stock, and hot sauce to the pan. Bring the sauce to a simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly.
5. Stir in the zucchini noodles and cook until done (about 2 minutes) stirring regularly. Allow the sauce to reduce a bit if it’s too watery. Add the shrimp back to the pan and stir for another minute. Serve immediately with lemon slices, extra parsley, and pepper.
Low Carb Mexican Cauliflower Rice Side Dish
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 3 people
-3 cups cauliflower florets- stems removed and washed
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-1 small onion- finely chopped
-3-4 garlic cloves- minced
-1 jalapeno- finely chopped
-2 medium tomatoes- finely chopped
-3/4 cup diced bell peppers
-1 teaspoon cumin powder
-1/2 teaspoon paprika (or red chilli powder)
-1 tablespoon chopped coriander (or cilantro)
-Salt to taste
Optional Toppings: cilantro, sliced avocados, jalapenos, lime juice
1. Add cauliflower florets to a food processor or chopper and pulse till the cauliflower resembles small bits (like rice). Make sure not to go all the way or it can turn mushy.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add onions, garlic, and jalapenos. Stir-fry for a few minutes till the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
3. Add tomatoes, cumin powder, paprika powder and salt to the pan. Cook the tomatoes for a few minutes till they soften. Add the diced bell peppers and cauliflower rice to the pan and mix well. Stir fry the cauliflower for 3-4 minutes till it’s tender.
4. Top with your favorite topping and serve hot.
Whole30 Baked Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 20-22 meat balls
-1 pound of ground chicken
-3 green onions- chopped
-1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce
-2 tablespoons paleo mayonnaise
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons almond flour
Optional: Blue cheese for topping
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix the ground chicken, green onions, hot sauce, egg, mayonnaise, salt, and almond flour into a large bowl.
3. Using a cookie scoop or small spoon to dish out the ground chicken mixture and mold into balls.
4. Place the meatballs on a parchment-lined baking sheet or a cast-iron skillet.
5. Bake for 20 minutes then drizzle with more hot sauce.
Optional Toppings: Add additional green onions and blue cheese if desired.
-1/2 teaspoon chili powder leave out if sensitive to spice
-1/2 teaspoon cumin
-1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spray a large sturdy baking sheet with cooking spray or for easier clean-up, line with parchment paper or heavy-duty foil.
2. Place the chicken on prepared baking sheet. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
3. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, lemon juice, butter, and cilantro together. Drizzle 1/3 of the sauce over the chicken.
4. Bake for 5 minutes (20 for chicken thighs). Meanwhile, combine the seasonings in a small bowl and set aside.
5. After 5 minutes, remove baking pan from the oven, flip the chicken and place the asparagus and broccoli along with the sides of the chicken. Sprinkle the chicken and vegetables with seasonings and drizzle sauce over the vegetables and some more on the chicken (reserve 1 teaspoon for the end).
6. Return the pan back to the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or once the chicken is cooked through and has reached an internal temperature of 165ºF. If the chicken is still not cooked to internal temp. 165 after 15 minutes, you may want to remove the vegetables first before putting the chicken back in the oven, so they don't overcook. This is just depending on your level of preference for the cooked vegetables.
7. Drizzle the chicken with additional sauce and turn the oven to broil for -2 minutes, until the chicken has a nice brown color (watch closely so the chicken does not burn).
8. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired and serve hot.
-1-pound Boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
-2 tablespoons taco seasoning
-2 cloves garlic minced
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-8 leaves Romaine Lettuce rinsed
-1 avocado diced
-1 tomato diced
-1/4 cup onion diced
-1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro
-1/2 cup Greek Yogurt or sour-cream or mayo
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-1 jalapeno optional
-1 clove garlic minced
-Juice of 1/2 lime
-Pinch of salt
To Cook Chicken-
1. Add the uncooked chicken, garlic, olive oil, and spices in a large bowl or zip-seal bag. Place in fridge and let marinate for at least 15-30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
2. Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Place chicken on a grill or pan heated to medium-high heat. Let chicken cook until it is no longer pink on the inside, about 9-10 minutes per side (or until it has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
To Make Cilantro Sauce-
1. Place all the ingredients in the food processor and blend for 1 minute or until creamy.
1. Layer lettuce wraps with chicken, tomatoes, onion, and avocado. Drizzle with cilantro sauce or your favorite taco sauce.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …