Dieting doesn't mean you have to deprive yourself of your favorite foods. Usually, there is a way to substitute a few ingredients in your favorite recipes to fit into your diet plan.
Comfort foods are usually the most difficult, but we found some really great low carb/keto comfort food recipes that we know you'll love! So the next cold, rainy day when you got that extra strong craving for comfort food. Fix up one of these tasty recipes without feeling any guilt about breaking your diet.
Check out these 6 great Low Carb/Keto Comfort Food recipes below!
Low Carb Enchilada Meatball Bake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 pound of ground beef
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1- 10 ounce can red enchilada sauce
3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Add all meatball ingredients to a large bowl and mix until combined.
3. Shape into about 15 meatballs and place them in a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
4. Bake for 25 minutes or until fully cooked.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pour 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce into the bottom of a small baking dish or cast-iron skillet.
3. Place the cooked meatballs into the dish and top with the remaining enchilada sauce, then top with the shredded cheese.
4. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Low-Carb Keto Beef Stroganoff
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
2 tablespoons avocado oil
3/4 pound steak in bite-size pieces
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 cup beef broth
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon parsley, fresh and chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1. Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the beef and saute it for about 2 minutes until lightly browned.
3. Remove the beef from the skillet and set aside on a plate.
4. Using the same skillet, saute the onion, mushroom, and garlic until they are cooked, about 5 minutes.
5. Add back the beef in the skillet.
6. Pour the beef broth and heavy cream and bring to a boil.
7. Turn the heat to low and simmer until the beef is very tender, about 15 minutes.
8. Stir in the sour cream and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle parsley on top and serve.
Low Carb Keto Chicken Pot Pie
Prep Time: 20
Cook Time: 40
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1 and 3/4 cups chicken broth
2/3 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
3 cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken
1/2 cup frozen baby peas rinsed (omit for keto)
5 ounces mozzarella cheese
2 ounces cream cheese
3/4 cup almond flour
1 egg beaten
1 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped or 1 teaspoon dried
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in mushrooms, onion, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in bone broth and heavy cream. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly, for one minute.
4. Reduce to low and whisk in xanthan gum. Cook for about 5 minutes. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if needed.
5. Stir in chicken and peas if using.
6. Place the mixture in an 8x8 baking pan, or divide it into eight individual crocks.
Make the Crust-
1. Heat a pot to medium heat and add mozzarella and cream cheese. Cook, stirring often until the cheese melts.
2. Add almond flour and stir to combine.
3. Remove from heat, and stir in egg and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Roll the crust out between 2 sheets of parchment paper.
5. If you are using crocks divide into pieces large enough to cover each crock. (The size will depend on how big your dishes are.)
6. Top either the 8x8 pan or the crocks with the dough.
7. Cut the top of the dough with a knife to vent.
8. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the crust, is golden brown.
Easy Keto Chili (No Bean)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1 pound of lean ground beef
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, roughly chopped
28 ounce can crushed tomato
1 cup of chopped cherry tomatoes
1 cup of water
1 and 1/2 teaspoons of sea salt
2 tablespoons of chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon of cumin powder
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
2 teaspoons of onion powder
1. Brown the ground beef, onions, garlic.
2. Add the can of tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, water, and spices.
3. Simmer on medium-low heat for 30-45 minutes.
You can double the recipe and it freezes well.
You can also cook this recipe in a Slow Cooker. Slow Cooker Instructions below:
Add all the ingredients into your slow cooker and break up the ground beef and then set to low. Your Keto Chili will be done in 4-6 hours depending on your specific slow cooker.
Keto Low Carb Beef And Broccoli
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 12 minutes
1 pound flat iron steak, thinly sliced against the grain
1/2 pound broccoli, cut into small florets
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon fish sauce
Beef and Broccoli Marinade-
1/4 cup coconut aminos
1 teaspoon root ginger, peeled and grated (do not use powdered ginger)
2 cloves garlic chopped
1. Cut the flat iron steak into very thin slices, against the grain.
2. Add the sliced beef to a small bag with the coconut aminos, ginger, and garlic. Let marinate for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
3. When you are ready to cook, drain the beef from the marinade but reserve the liquid for later, this will be the stir fry sauce.
4. Blanch the broccoli for two minutes in boiling water, then drain it really well.
5. In a large wok or cast-iron skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat then stir-fry beef until browned, 1-3 minutes. Remove meat from skillet.
6. Stir-fry broccoli until crisp-tender, for about 3 minutes, then add the remaining marinade and cook for two more minutes.
7. Return the beef to the pan with the broccoli and warm through, add the fish sauce and toasted sesame oil, and serve hot.
Keto Tuna Zoodle Casserole
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
For the Zoodles-
3 medium zucchini, spiralized
For the cheese sauce-
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon garlic
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
3 ounces cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 (12 ounces) can of tuna in water, drained
For the top-
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 2. In a 9x13 baking dish, lightly spray the bottom with cooking spray. 3. Place the zoodles in the dish and spread out as much as possible. 4. Bake zoodles at 10-minute intervals. Remove and stir every 10 minutes, continue baking at 10-minute intervals until the moisture has fully evaporated. (Depending on the size and moisture level of the zucchini this may take between 10-20 minutes. Remove when moisture as evaporated and they have shrunk in size, but before they are brown or crispy.) 5. While zoodles are pre-baking, heat a medium-size skillet over medium heat and melt the butter.
6. Add garlic, almond milk, heavy cream, cream cheese and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. Whisk the mixture until it is smooth and cheese has melted.
7. Stir in drained tuna, then remove from heat. 8. In the 9x13 pan you pre-baked your zoodles in, layer the zoodles, and tuna cheese sauce, then the remaining shredded cheese on top.